4-Time Felony DWI Driver Busted Behind Wheel. Again
A four-time felony drunk driver who was ordered to stay off the road after his latest conviction was allegedly caught behind the wheel again, less than two weeks later — before being scooped up by ICE, Suffolk County prosecutors said Tuesday.

A four-time felony drunk driver who was ordered to stay off the road after his latest conviction was allegedly caught behind the wheel again, less than two weeks later — before being scooped up by ICE, Suffolk County prosecutors said Tuesday.
Pablo Aguilar-Alvarez was detained by federal immigration agents Monday after investigators with Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney’s office allegedly spotted him driving near Main Street in Riverhead, despite having a revoked license and strict court orders barring him from driving.
The arrest came just 10 days after a jury convicted Aguilar-Alvarez of felony DWI for recklessly driving in Southampton with a blood-alcohol level more than twice the legal limit, prosecutors said.
That August 7th conviction was his fourth felony DWI rap in a decade, on top of an earlier misdemeanor DWI conviction, according to the DA.
Tierney’s office had urged the court to lock Aguilar-Alvarez up while he awaited his Oct. 2 sentencing, arguing that his record showed a disregard for the law and that he could flee the country.
But the court released him pending sentencing, with one unmistakable condition: Don’t drive.
Prosecutors say he did anyway.
DA investigators pulled him over Monday and charged him with second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor.
After he was processed, federal immigration authorities took Aguilar-Alvarez into custody.
Prosecutors said he had previously been deported in 2024 following his third DWI conviction and is currently in the United States illegally.
“He is a repeat felony drunk driver who does not belong behind the wheel,” Tierney said.
The DA’s office plans to seek Aguilar-Alvarez’s return to Suffolk County for sentencing and proceedings on the new summons.
The latest charge is an accusation, and Aguilar-Alvarez is presumed innocent of it unless proven guilty.
You Might Also Be Interested In

FLOCK SHOCK: Cops Bust Man in Camera Attack

Moriches Chamber Announces Annual Fall Fair

Tank Gunner’s WWII Story Preserved


